Chief of the Defence Staff,” General Bipin Rawat,” (New Post in Defence, Know everything रक्षा कर्मचारियों के प्रमुख “CDS” (जाने इस पोस्ट के विषय में पूरी जानकारी )
Chief of Defence Staff – CDS
Chief of the Defence Staff (CDS) is a position for the tri-service chief of the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force, with the first CDS being General Bipin Rawat
Important Point : Indian Army General Bipin Rawat has been named as the country’s first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).
चीफ ऑफ डिफेंस स्टाफ (सीडीएस) भारतीय सेना, नौसेना और वायु सेना के त्रि-सेवा प्रमुख के लिए एक पद है, जिसमें पहले सीडीएस जनरल बिपिन रावत है
भारतीय सेना के जनरल बिपिन रावत को देश के पहले चीफ ऑफ डिफेंस स्टाफ (सीडीएस) के रूप में नामित किया गया है।
PTR – Chief of Defence Staff – CDS
Type : Milatery Officer
Status : Four-star general officer
Abbreviation : CDS
Member of :
- Department of Military Affairs
- Chiefs of Staff Committee
- National Security Council
- Defence Acquisition Council
- Defence Planning Committee
- Nuclear Command Authority
Reports to : Minister of Defence
Residence : New Delhi, India
Seat : Secretariat of India
Nominator : Union Conical of Ministers
Appointer : President of India
When Was Recommended ?
- It was first officially suggested in 1999 following the Kargil War through the recommendations of the Kargil Review Committee.
- Although a long-talked-about position in India,the official call was made public by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Independence Day speech on 15 August 2019 at Red Fort, New Delhi.
- On 24 December 2019, the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) formally announced the creation of the position, a four-star general, a tri-service Chief, that shall lead the defence forces as well as take up other roles such as head of the Department of Military Affairs under the Ministry of Defence.
Age Figure – Chief of Defence Staff – CDS
The government has issued a gazette modifying the Service Rules of the Army, Navy and Air Force to enable the appointment of the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) and fixing the upper age limit at 65.
The tenure of the CDS is yet to be fixed
Amendment – Chief of Defence Staff – CDS
The Centre amended the Army Rules 1954, Naval (Discipline and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations, 1965, Naval Ceremonial, Conditions of Service and Miscellaneous Regulations, 1963 and Air Force Regulations, 1964.
IMP – Chief of Defence Staff – CDS
The Union Cabinet had last week approved the creation of the post who will be a four-star General and will function as Principal Military Adviser to the Defence Minister .
And also as the Permanent Chairman of the COSC.