20 February 2020 Current Affairs in English
Friends, in this article, we have prepared for you a summary of important current affairs questions (Current Affairs News) which have been provided to you in English language, you can also download its PDF. , This will help you a lot in Revision.
20 February 2020
1. Nepal country celebrates its 70th National Democracy Day on 19 February
The Prime Minister of Nepal KP Sharma Oli paid tribute to the martyrs who laid down their lives in the struggle for democracy. President Bidya Devi Bhandari was given the Guard of Honor by a contingent of Nepali army. National democracy day is celebrated on 7th day of Phalgun every year to commemorate the independence that Nepal got after the end of 104 years of dictator Rana rule.
2. Indian American Judge Srikanth Srinivasan assumed the charge of Chief Justice of the powerful Federal Circuit court of America.
The 52-year-old Srinivasan created history by assuming the post of Chief Justice of the United States Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit. It is considered the most powerful court after the US Supreme Court. He has become the first person of South Asian descent to hold this position. He took the position on 12 February. . Srinivasan is the first Indian-American to be appointed to America’s second most powerful court.
3. Supratim Bandyopadhyay appointed as Chairman of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PRDA)
Supritim Bandyopadhyay was on Tuesday appointed as the chairman of the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority, a regulator for the promotion and development of an organized pension system to meet the needs of old-age income of people on a permanent basis.
The concept of PFRDA was conceived in 1999 when the then government started a project – OASIS (Old Age Social and Income Security) to examine policy related to old age income security in India.
4. Sanjay Kothari appointed as Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) and Bimal Julka as Chief Information Commissioner (CIC)
Sanjay Kothari, Secretary to the President, has been appointed as Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) and Bimal Julka as Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) IAS Sanjay Kothari is currently Secretary to President Ramnath Kovind. Both Bimal Julka and Sanjay Kothari have been IAS officers. Sanjay Kothari is a 1978 batch IAS officer of Haryana cadre. At the same time, Bimal Julka is a 1979 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre.
5. Mahant Nritya Gopal Das appointed as Chairman of Ram Mandir Trust and Nripendra Mishra as Chairman of Construction Committee
Mahant Nritya Gopal Das has been appointed as the chairman of the trust and Champat Rai as general secretary in the important meeting of the newly formed ‘Ram Mandir Tirtha Kshetra’ trust in Delhi for construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya. Nripendra Mishra has been appointed as the chairman of the building construction committee. And Govind Giri appointed as Treasurer
6. Ethnologue published Hindi as the world’s third most spoken language after the English and Mandarin languages on the living languages of the world.
Ethnologue (Language Directory) published its annual database on living languages of the world. And Hindi is the third most spoken language in the world, 615 million people in the world use Hindi language. English is the most spoken language in the world, with 1132 million people using the English language. While Mandarin is the second most spoken language in the world, 1117 million people use the Mandarin language
7. Larry Tessler, father of cut, copy and past, find and replacement, and former researcher of Xerox, died at the age of 74
Inventor of cut, copy, paste user interface Larry Tessler has passed away when he was 74 years old. Larry Tesler was a computer scientist who is known for many major research on the user interface.
Larry Tessler started working in the computer world in the 1960s when more people did not know about computers. He spent most of his career in the Xerox company
8. Footballer Lionel Messi and Luis Hamilton jointly won the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2020 Award
Argentine veteran footballer Leonel Lionel Messi and six-time Formula One world title Luis Hamilton jointly won the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Award 2020. Messi and Hamilton won the title by beating veteran golfer Tiger Woods, marathon runner Elude Kipchoge of Kenya, tennis legend Rafael Nadal and Moto GP champion Mark Marquez.
करंट अफेयर्स के अन्य आर्टिकल के लिए – यहाँ पर क्लिक करे
Current Affairs PDF में डाउनलोड करने के लिए, नीचे PDF वाले Icon पर क्लिक करे