5 August , 6 August Current Affairs MCQ 2020
1. Which country witnessed its Parliamentary elections on August 5?
c. Sri Lanka
Answer : Sri Lanka
2. The Galápagos Islands that were in news recently are a part of which country?
3. Which country officially commissioned its own BeiDou Navigation Satellite System constellation?
b. South Korea
Answer : China
4. Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar who died recently was the former Chief Minister of which state?
d. Madhya Pradesh
Answer : Maharashtra
5. Which capital city is rocked by ammonium nitrate explosion that killed at least 80 people?
6. Which ministry launched the National Cooperative Development Corporation’s YouTube channel, ‘Sahakar Cooptube NCDC India‘?
a. Ministry of Corporate Affairs
b. Ministry of Agriculture
c. Ministry of Home Affairs
d. Ministry of AYUSH
Answer : Ministry of Corporate Affairs
7. Ebrahim Alkazi who died recently was the former director of which organization?
a. National School of Drama
b. Lalit Kala Akademi
c. Sangeet Natak Academy
d. National Archives of India
Answer : National School of Drama
8. What does ‘I’ stand for in eVIN?
Answer : Intelligence
9. Jaideep Bhatnagar is the new Director General of which organization?
a. Prasar Bharti
b. Film and Television Institute of India
c. Press Council of India
d. All India Radio
Answer : All India Radio
10. In which state 112 died after consuming spurious liquor?
c. Uttar Pradesh
d. Tamil Nadu
Answer : Punjab
11. Nobel Laureate John Hume who died recently was a prominent politician of which country/region?
a. The USA
c. Northern Ireland
d. Republic of Ireland
Answer : Northern Ireland
12. Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank laid the foundation stone of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at Dhaula Kuan in Sirmour district of which state?
b. Himachal Pradesh
Answer : Himachal Pradesh
13. Under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme, tourism minister Prahlad Singh Patel virtually inaugurated world class Thenzawl Golf Resort project in which state?
Answer : Mizoram
14. Kushak Bakula Rinpoche Airport is located in which state?
c. The USA
Answer : Leh
15. How many start-ups will be funded by the central government with twelve crore rupees to promote agri firms in the current financial year?
Answer : 112
16. Which among the following pairs is/are correctly matched?
Wadhawan brothers – accused in Yes Bank Scam
Kothari brothers – kar seva in Ayodhya
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 & 2
d. None of the above
Answer : Both 1 & 2
Which Bank has approved a three million US dollar grant to India from its Asia Pacific Disaster Response Fund (APDRF).
a. Asian Development Bank (ADB)
b. New Development Bank (NDB)
c. World Bank (WB)
d. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB
Answer : Asian Development Bank (ADB)