8 August Current Affairs MCQ 2020 | Download pdf
1. Parts of which among the following indian places was included in Pakistan’s new political map?
Answer : Junagadh
2. National Handloom Day falls on which date?
Answer : August 7
3. Shyamal Chakraborty who recently died of corona virus was the veteran leader of which party?
Answer :CPI (M)
4. Smart India Hackathon, SIH, 2020 in which Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, DIAT, has bagged 1st prize was held in which state?
Answer : Uttar Pradesh
5. Nityanand Rai who inaugurated the first webinar series on “Hydro-Meteorological Hazards Risk Reduction” is the Minister of State for which ministry?
Answer : Home Affairs
6. India extended Line of Credit worth 18 million US dollars to which country for the expansion of fishing facilities?
Answer : Maldives
7. Which among the following central minister flagged off “Medicine Van” for flood victims of Bihar?
Answer : Arjun Munda
8.eSanjeevani is the national health tele-consultation service launched by which state?
Answer : Tamil Nadu
9. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) suspended the title sponsorship deal with Chinese mobile phone company Vivo for the upcoming edition of the IPL. VIVO had won the IPL title sponsorship for five years from ________?
Answer : 2018-22
10. Women’s World Team Squash Championship 2020 will be played in which city?
Answer : Kuala Lumpur
11. Which one of the following companies launched SN5 Starship, the world’s most powerful launch vehicle” with an ability to carry over 100 metric tonnes to the Earth’s orbit?
Answer : SpaceX
12. Who wrote the book named “Vishesh: Code to Win“?
Answer : Nirupama Yadav
13. To boost cotton exports, the Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) will also set up its own warehouse in which country?
Answer : Vietnam
14. To suggest ways for the development of international retail business, International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) has set up a committee headed by ______?
Answer : Pradip Shah
15. A disease called Severe Fever with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome (SFTS), caused by a tick-borne virus has re-emerged in which country?
Answer : China
16. Which among the following states ranked top in terms of performance in Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)-II?
Answer: Himachal pradesh
17. Footballer Benedikt Howedes who has decided to hang up his boots at 32 belongs to which country?
Answer : Germany
18. The central government is set to launch a NCR for COVID-19. NCR stands for what?
National Clinical Registry
National Calamity Reports
National Covid Registry
New Clinical Registry
Answer : National Clinical Registry
19.Name the Indian state which approved 5% Reservation in Judicial Service for More Backward Classes(MBC)?
Answer : Rajasthan
20. Which pair among the following returned from the International Space Station (ISS) at NASA’s SpaceX Demo-2 test flight?
Bob Behnken, Doug Hurley
Alain Aspect, David Baltimore
Allen Bard, Craig Mello
Dennis Bray, Gordon Moore
Answer : Bob Behnken, Doug Hurley
Previous Assignment Asnwers
Name the world’s largest Hydroelectric project? – Three Gorges Dam on river Yangtze (China)
In which year was India’s first national academy of arts Sangeet Natak Akademi created? – 31 May,1952 (Inaugurated in 1953)
What is capital of Azerbaijan? – Baku (Currency is Manat)
The disease ‘Hypokalemia’ refers to low amount of which element in Human blood? – Potassium (K)
The famous ‘Madhubani’ painting originated in which state of India? – Bihar (Mithila region)
Which country was the first to implement GST?
Which country was the first to introduce paper currency?
What is the name of spacecraft that first landed on moon?
What is the name of the spaceflight that first landed humans on the Moon.
Which country was the first to use the metric system of measurement?