14 August Current Affairs MCQ 2020 | Download pdf
1. Digisakshar.Org, a portal to help marginalised communities become digital literate and self-reliant is launched by which foundation?
- Vodafone India Foundation
- Smile Foundation
- GiveIndia Foundation
- HelpAge India
Answer : Vodafone India Foundation
2. Addu Atoll, also known as Seenu Atoll lies in which Island nation?
Answer : Maldives
3.Which organisation launched its innovation contest ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’, a scheme to promote the Indian innovators and startups for innovations in defence and aerospace technologies?
Answer : DRDO
4. Shola forest region are found in which among the following states?
- Kerala and Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh and Kerala
- Rajasthan and Gujarat
- Manipur and Tripura
Answer : Kerala and Tamil Nadu
5. Which one of the following boards has not been disbanded by the Central Government?
- India Powerloom Board
- All India Handicrafts Board
- Cotton and Jute advisory boards
- All India Handloom Board
Answer : Cotton and Jute advisory boards
6. How many talent hunt committees to be formed by the Sports Ministry in ambitious plan to qualify for FIFA World Cup?
Answer : 05
7. As per TRAFFIC study, which two states had the highest leopard poaching in India during 2015-2019 ?
- Jharkhand and Assam
- Maharashtra and Uttarakhand
- Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat
- West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh
Answer : Maharashtra and Uttarakhand
8. Which smartphone maker company announced a tie-up with non-profit organisation “Teach for India” to celebrate India’s 74th Independence Day?
Answer : Xiaomi
9. Which actor features in the campaign “Unstoppable India” that is launched by PhonePe?
- Amir Khan
- Akshay Kumar
- Ajay Devgan
- Karthik Aryan
Answer : Amir Khan
10. 12 villages of which state witnessed the outbreak of African Swine Fever (ASF)?
Answer : Meghalaya
11. International Left Handers Day’ is celebrated on which day?
- August 12
- August 13
- August 14
- August 15
Answer : August 13
12. An Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) ‘Sarthak’, is designed and built indigenously by which shipyard?
- Mazagon Dock Limited
- Hindustan Shipyard Limited
- Goa Shipyard Limited
- Cochin Shipyard Limited
Answer : Goa Shipyard Limited
13. India ranks ___ in number of organic farmers and ___ in terms of area under organic farming?
- 1st , 9th respectively
- 2nd , 3rd respectively
- 1st , 3rd respectively
- 4th , 7th respectively
Answer : 1st , 9th respectively
14. Soma Mondal will be the next chairman of which Public Sector Company?
- National Aluminium Company (NALCO)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
Answer : Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)15. Which of the following will be the official sponsor for the Indian team at the Olympic Games to be held in Tokyo in July 2021?
- Apeejay Surrendra Group.
- Avantha Group
- Aditya Birla Group
- Inox Group
Answer : Inox Group
16. Aiming to make the forest dwellers self-relient, which state has launched Indira Van Mitan Yojana?
Answer : Chattishgarh
17. Instamart, a quick delivery service at doorsteps within 45 minutes for groceries and daily essentials is launched by which company?
Answer : Swiggy
18. The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched a loyalty platform named ‘nth Rewards’. What does ‘nth’ represents here?
- infinite possibilities
- infinite innovations
- infinite opportunities
- infinite activities
Answer : infinite possibilities