18 August Current Affairs MCQ 2020 | Download pdf
1. Which Union Territory celebrated its 59th anniversary of the “De-Jure” day on 16th August?
- Jammu & Kashmir
Answer : Puducherry
2. Legendary Indian classical vocalist Pandit Jasraj who passed away recently belonged to which gharana?
Answer : Mewati
3. Indian Railways’ North East Frontier Railway zone has constructed the world’s tallest pier bridge in which state?
Answer : Mizoram
4. 6 lakh villages will get optical fiber internet in how many days?
Answer : 1000
5. Who among the following racing drivers won spanish grand prix title?
- Lewis Hamilton
- Max Verstappen
- Valtteri Bottas
- Lance Stroll
Answer : Lewis Hamilton
6. Which among the following tennis players won Prague Open title?
- Simona Halep
- Elise Mertens
- Serena Williams
- Naomi Osaka
Answer : Simona Halep
7. Who inaugurated the e-portal on tribal health and nutrition named ‘Swasthya‘?
- Arjun Munda
- Nitin Gadkari
- Ram Nath Kovind
- Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer : Arjun Munda
8. What is the name of the new method developed by researchers at the Yale School of Public Health for testing people suspected of SARS-CoV-2 infection?
Answer : SalivaDirect
9. The Defence Ministry to purchase 106 basic trainer aircraft — HTT-40 from which aircraft manufacturing company?
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- Lockheed Martin
- Dassault Aviation
- BAE Systems
Answer : Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
10. Gulhifalhu Port, that was in news recently is located in which island nation?
- Sri Lanka
Answer : Maldives
11. AIM iCREST – an Incubator Capabilities enhancement program for a Robust Ecosystem focused on creating high performing Startups was launched by ____?
- NITI Ayog
- IIT Delhi
Answer : NITI Ayog
12. Rakesh Asthana has been appointed as the Director General of the which force?
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- National Security Force (NSG)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
Answer : Border Security Force (BSF)
13.”One Sun, One World, One Grid” (OSOWOG) will connect how many countries through a common grid that will be used to transfer solar power?
Answer : 140
14. NTPC Ltd has developed an infrastructure at which thermal Power station to transport fly ash in bulk to cement plants, located at distance, at a cheaper cost?
- Talcher Thermal Power Station
- Rihand Thermal Power Station
- Singrauli Super Thermal Power Station
- Sipat Thermal Power Plant
Answer : Rihand Thermal Power Station
15. As per Barclays investment bank, what is the estimated GDP growth rate of India for the fiscal year 2020-21?
Answer : 6%
16. Mohamed Ould Bilal has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of which country?
- East Timor
Answer : Mauritania
17. Gangadhar Meher Lift Canal System got approval from which state?
Answer : Odisha